Knitting and my dog, what could be better?

2.05.2006

Black Chunky Glasses


glasses, originally uploaded by buzzbox.

Went to a design conference recently, and it was encouraged that people decorate a wall with drawings. Here's one of my favorites...but actually not that many people had those stereotypical "designer" glasses.

Which reminds me, about 7 years ago, I was going to a design award show in Portland. It was my first and I was very nervous. My co-worker was also going, but she didn't want to be seen with me. When I saw her at the show, I noticed that she was wearing, chunky black glasses. I exclaimed, "Oh, wow! I didn't know you wore glasses!" She shushed me and sent me on my way, embarrassed that I pointed out her fashion statement for the evening.

No wonder she didn't want to be seen with me, fear of exposure, I'm sure.

As far as I know, she's still blessed with 20/20, and a strange sense of fashion. What's next a pair of crutches to fit in?

1 Comments:

Blogger bonitapita said...

So cool to see you posting again!
I can remember in high school being jealous of friends who looked cute in there glasses. I know, weird.

4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home